Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Pumpkin Butterscotch Cookies


Fall is a time for raking leaves, bon fires, and PUMPKINS! My friend Heather makes these, and I finally asked for the recipe. They are TO DIE FOR! I've made three batches in the past two weeks....I'm sure they're not good for my thighs, but boy are they tasty and they make the house smell heavenly when baking!

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup pumpkin
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon ***
2 cups butterscotch chips

Preheat oven to 350. Cream butter and sugar together. Next, add pumpkin and vanilla. Beat. Next, add the dry ingredients and mix. Add butterscotch chips last. drop by teaspoonfull onto a GREASED sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Allow to cool for one minute on the baking sheet, remove and ENJOY!

*** I tried this recipe with only cinnamon, and they were great. I then changed my cinnamon to pumpkin pie spice and they were EVEN BETTER! I use my pampered chef scooper so that all the cookies are uniform in size and in our oven they take about 12-13 minutes to bake.

No comments: