Sunday, November 30, 2008

Hi Ho Hi Ho, it's back to work I go

I am SO sad that tomorrow ends my "vacation" as Silas has called it. I've enjoyed being home on maternity leave so much that I don't EVER want to go back to work, but as they say, all good things must come to an end. I think our lives will drastically change tomorrow! I've done a pretty good job of staying on top of house work, I can't think of a night that Silas came home and there wasn't dinner waiting for him, and oh the joy of getting up in the middle of the night to give Lucy her next bottle. Now it's daddy's turn! We'll have to work together to keep the house clean, prepare meals and care for Lucy. I'm thinking that THIS is when the vacation begins!

I haven't forgotten to post pictures of the kitchen. It looks AMAZING if I can say so myself. The cabinets and doors have all received multiple coats of primer and paint, and I somehow managed to talk Silas in to getting a new white hood fan (which I helped install!!!) YAAAHOOO! I couldn't have done it without the help of my mom, my mother in law and my friend Kelli (and my father in law and husband for helping with the hood fan!) THANK YOU LADIES for helping me get out of the 1970's and in to 2008! I'll post pictures soon.....

1 comment:

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

So, how was your first day back at work?! Don't leave us hanging!

Seriously, I hope it went well! I am sure it is hard. I worked for 5months after I had Dimples. Wow! There were some hard days. Thankfully, he doesn't remember.

Mrs. Nurse Boy