Friday, April 11, 2008

We all live to die

It's 2:30am on Friday morning, and I'm at work working the midnight to 8 shift. I went to work early yesterday so I could leave early in hopes of getting some much needed rest before returning to the office. I was at work, actually talking with a co-worker from DC at 6am when I got that dreaded call from my Aunt Dana. Not that every call from her is dreaded (quite the opposite actually), but any call from her at 6am is never good. She was calling to tell me that my Uncle had died in the night, leaving behind his wife, two grown children, his mother and a whole slew of others who cared deeply for him. I had the day to think about his passing, and we all know that we're put on this earth to live our life to the best of our ability, and unfortunately, those days all eventually come to an end as well. My uncle lived his life to the best of his ability, he was a hard working man, he did what he had to do to take care of his family. He was not only a husband and father, but a friend to many.....and an ice cream lover. I know he'll be missed but I also know he's up in heaven enjoying a big ice cream cone right now! Just remember Uncle J, my favorite flavor is butter pecan....Enjoy a cone for me too!

xo~

No comments: