Sunday, March 30, 2008

Just for Eli!

Ok, so today we went to Bloomington for a little family get together at Silas's uncle Jay and aunt Katies house. Their son Emory was in town with his little boy, and they wanted everyone to get together for a visit. Silas's younger brother Eli was there with his family and he informed me that I needed to update my blog a little more frequently. Little did I know, he is a secret blog stalker!!!! Well Eli, your secret is out, and here is a blog entry just for you!

I love it when we see Eli and his beautiful wife Nicole and their adorable kids Sophia and Luca. We don't see them nearly enough. But I always enjoy seeing them, and I look forward to our baby having a cousin the same age (Nicole is due in October!) to play with. Nicole is an amazing pastry chef who made the most delicious banana bread (and shared it with everyone today) and Eli is a chef as well. I don't allow him to cook for me often because it typically involves raw fish - which I don't really care for. Although, I will say this, one time, he sent some sushi rolls home with me for Silas and I to enjoy, and I did actually like what I ate. I believe it had lobster in it. Silas said of course I'd like the one with the lobster.....I'm the girl who gets her Kobe steak cooked well done. What can I say? I like expensive meat.....that is cooked! Anyway, if you're in the mood for sushi or some really yummy oatmeal cookies with homemade espresso whip cream or some homemade ice cream, go to their place. H2O Sushi. You can see their website at www.h2osushibar.com

It was so nice to see you guys today. We really should make an effort to see each other more. Hope the doctors appointment goes well tomorrow! :-)

xo~

1 comment:

Rita said...

Well this is the first time I have been able to see this site....I can only tell you how excited I am for everything going on in your lives right now. The joy of experiencing grandparenthood...From hte start gives me such joy:0 I love you
Mom xoxoxoxox