Wednesday, February 20, 2008

It's Official!!


I had my first doctors appointment today. I decided to go alone because the nurse told me over the phone that all they'd do is weigh me, get my blood pressure, take some blood and have me give a urine sample. Well, much to my surprise, I had an ultra-sound too! Dr. Neff (whom I adore!!!) was shocked to see me back in her office so soon....but was super excited for us at the same time. So, as I am laying on the table, she says "there's your baby!" and I am telling you, it was byfar the most amazing experience I've had so far in my life. I could not believe that I was watching OUR baby on that monitor. A few seconds later she said "here's your baby's heart beat!". I asked her between tears if she would get Silas's digital tape recorded from my bag so we could tape it. I knew he would want to hear that. So after telling me she wouldn't do that for just anyone, she got the recorder from my bag and we started all over, but this time we did it for daddy! Amazing. That's the only word I know how to describe how I felt. I left the doctors office wishing that I had not been there alone, wishing that Silas could have been there to share that first step of many with me, but also knowing and understanding that he was working to help support me and this amazing little person we have created together! We can't wait to meet you baby Anderson!

xo~

1 comment:

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Congrats! We are so excited for you! Thanks for sharing. We look forward to more pictures and stories.
Love, Mrs. "Nurse Boy" ;)