Friday, December 19, 2008

The kitchen is DONE.....well, almost!

Now that I am back to work full time, I barely have enough time to breath, let alone finish the kitchen project I started during my last week of maternity leave! I'm not COMPLETELY done with it, but boy am I close. I have a faux door that my aunt made for us to hang (when we tore a row of cabinets out, we ripped the end of another cabinet so it needs a faux door) and put up the molding that goes around the bottom of the cabinets. other than that, I am DONE! I posted a before picture a while ago, and below is a photo of my ALMOST COMPLETED WHITE KITCHEN! .....DRUM ROLL PLEASE............

I am so pleased with the outcome. I don't mind the umpteen hours I spent working on it - it's so beautiful! I even love my yellow counter tops now! They're so bright and cheery! Below is my favorite part of the kitchen - it's a cubby that I've placed my favorite pie/cake plate and my recipe box that my grandfather made for me before he died as well as the amazing cook book full of Anderson Family recipes that my oh so talented mother in law made for Silas and I. What a perfect spot to showcase such treasured items.

No comments: