Friday, December 19, 2008

Gingerbread house party!

Every year my super talented sister in law Nicole (that's her below with me and my mother in law!) hosts a gingerbread house decorating party. Each person had to supply their own house and bring some candy to share - I bought my house at Target and my mother in law put it together for me! How sad is it that I am SO busy I can't even put together a gingerbread house?! How LUCKY am I that I have such a nice mother in law that she'd do that for me?!?!

Below is my before picture - pretty ho-hum basic! Looks like a boring ole gingerbread house huh?!

Add a little chocolate wafer roof, a turquoise wafer pond in front, a licorice rope fence, some m&m's and sour cherry balls for added color, some coconut for snow and a beautifully decorated tree and WHAAA-LAAA - here's my house!

It's such a fun day and I can hardly wait till next years party! Oh, and if you need some yummy treats, visit Nicole at H2O Sushi in Broad Ripple - she makes the most delicious cookies and ice cream!

1 comment:

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

You are right! The front is very impressive!

Mrs. Nurse Boy