Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Two years

It was two years ago this month that we last had contact with my dad. He has completely missed out on being the amazing grand father I know he is capable of being. Not a day goes by that I don't think about how his decisions have affected my life and the life of our daughter. Knowing that he's out there, but he CHOOSES to not have a relationship with Lucy hurts more than he could ever know. I mean, what adult walks away from a beautiful child by choice? Aren't grandkids what parents look forward to? Spoiling them rotten, taking them to the park, out for ice cream, getting them all ramped up on sugar and then dropping them off for mom and dad to deal with?!?! Today is his birthday, so where ever you are, I wish you a happy birthday dad....and I wish more than anything you'd love us and long to have us back in your life the way we love and long for you.

2 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

((HUGS)) my friend.

Unknown said...

Hope, your longing will end soon. Nice article having EQ