Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Thee years is a LONG time!

I look at this picture a lot. It's one of our sweet daughter and my brothers daughter, walking hand in hand, being the best friends and cousins they know how to be at their young age. Being almost ten years older than my brother, I never really thought he was that cool. I viewed him as being immature and sometimes just an out right dork! That all changed when he joined the Army. I began to understand him more and really respect him for the young man and the soldier he was becoming. Now he's a husband and a dad and NOT the pesky little brother he used to be. I long to have him home with us, telling me goofy stories, making me laugh over the silliest and most trivial things. He got a three year tour in England, and they are half way done! I cannot wait for him to come back to the States, not only so I can see him and tell him in person how awesome, brave, amazing, courageous, selfless, and yes, even cool, that I think he is - but so Lucy can go about playing with her sweet cousin A and we can snap some more adorable photos like the one below of them together. I miss you D and can't wait for your return. XOXO~c


2 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that picture!!!

Amanda Tejera said...

Aww, what a great post & pic! You made me tear up. It's funny the love we have for our brothers as we get older & when they have themselves grown out of the annoying little brother phase (I have two younger brothers). May the time he has left fly by quickly & bring him home safely!