Friday, September 18, 2009

Time flies when you're having fun.....and purging!

It's so hard to believe that Lucy is one now. Where has the past year gone? It seems like it was just yesterday that I was laying in the hospital room on a muggy Sunday night - just after a big rain storm came through and knocked all of the power out. Yes, you read that right. I was cooped up in a room with S for almost 5 hours with no A/C, no TV, no radio. Nothing to do but to look at each other and sweat. When the power was finally restored, I wasn't allowed to get out of bed and move around, so there I laid. Well, enough about THAT! I'm just so happy that she's here and she's just the perfect child for us. Her party was great fun, and we're so happy that those of you that came were able to share her special day with us! D & E, I know you read this and I am sorry for being a loser and not sending you an invite. You are welcome to crash our parties ANYTIME!

S and I joke that we found our house and the next day I told him I was pregnant. I won't ever forget that moment either. It's one of those that is forever burned in my memory, it was one of the sweetest moments in my life. So, back to the house. We moved from a nice sized apartment (1800 sq. ft) to a nearly 3500 sq ft home. We have 4 nice sized bedrooms. We have our room, Lucy has her room, we have an office, and we have the "guest room" also fondly referred to as THE CLOSET. So, THE CLOSET has been the dumping grounds for all of Lucy's clothes, both big and small. I decided a few weeks ago to hold a garage sale this weekend, and BOY DID I HAVE A LOT OF STUFF!!! Ok, so it was mostly clothes, that belong to Lucy (she really does need to get this clothing addiction under control!!!)! I cannot tell you how great it felt to get rid of so much stuff!!! I will be holding my garage sale tomorrow as well, so if you need any adorable girls clothes up to size 12 months, stop on by. If you have to much stuff, PURGE PURGE PURGE! You will be SO glad that you did!!! I know I sure am!

No comments: