Friday, September 4, 2009

Really? It's been almost a year!

It's hard to believe that my sweet precious Lucy will be 1 year old in a few days! Where has the time gone?!?! She's so busy, ALL of the time. She can't sit still, is always in to everything and is oh so curious! I love being a mommy. I always knew I'd be a great mom and I'd love every second of it, but I had NO idea I'd love it THIS MUCH! We're planning to have a birthday party in a few days and are so excited that my sister in law Kim and sweet niece Alice will be coming from England to help us celebrate! I'm honestly not sure who is more excited about the party, me or Kim!!! I was going to do a blow out party, with lots of people, lots of food, and lots of fun....but then I realized, Lucy is just turning 1.....and she doesn't deal well with crowds, and well, she can't eat lots of food items, so I am limiting it to family and one friend, Kelli, who I've been besties with since kindergarten. Sure, we'll have snacks, and cake and ice cream, but nothing over the top. It'll be just perfect...well almost perfect. The only thing that could make it better would be if certain family members didn't take things so personally, put differences between me and them aside and love Lucy for the beautiful child that she is....perhaps one day they'll understand that it isn't always about them and that a bigger picture really does exist! I'll be sure to update everyone after the party.....I have a feeling we're going to have one tired little Lucy once it's all said and done! Happy almost Birthday tweeter, mommy and daddy love you so much!

No comments: