Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Diaper Drama

Last night I went to Meijer to do some grocery shopping and decided to begin our stockpile of diapers. Now, please keep in mind, I have recently found out that I have Gestational Diabetes and have to attend a class on eating right, so I've filled the cart already with lots of good, healthy, low carb/low sugar foods....so, I'm standing in the diaper aisle and suddenly it hit me. I was completely overwhelmed. I was staring at rows and rows of diapers. Pamper, Huggies, Luvs, the off brands, the organic brand. Then the sizes. Preemie, newborn, and sizes 1 through 5. Holy hell. I had no clue there were so many choices. Do you buy a big box, a medium box of a few of those "sleeves"? Do you try a few in one brand and see how they work, or just bite the bullet and buy the case and hope they are fine? I was bawling. I had no idea what I was doing. I ended up buying the biggest box of huggies brand diapers they had. It was only a few dollars more than the pampers, but you got 100 more diapers. Little Lucy will just have to like them! Who ever knew diapers could cause so much drama?!?!

1 comment:

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Yay!!! You updated!!! I love the name Lucy. ADORABLE!!! As far as the whole diaper thing, good luck! Just kidding! I prefer Huggies or Luvs. And, because of the price, we usually use Luvs. As for sizes, my babies have been 7 pounders and come home in the newborn size. They seem to only stay in those for 2-3 weeks. Size one has lasted us about another month or 2. They stayed in size 2's for a longer period of time. By 6 months or so we were staring size 3's in the face.

Sorry, that may have been more than you wanted to know...but, I hope it helps some. As you know, every baby is different. You will figure it out. I just wouldn't stock pile too many of the newborn size or the ones, since they grow out of those the fastest.

Mrs. Nurse Boy